08 November 2009

Notate bene.

1.  All of reviews will contain appalling and unapologetic amounts of spoilers.  This is a Keeper-only blog and if you are currently, or ever intend to be, a player in a Call of Cthulhu game, stop reading!

2.  I will review RPG books that I have not played.  I am comfortable doing this for a few reasons:  #1, I have a lot of experience in the hobby and am rarely surprised by what a game brings to the table.  #2, it can be really difficult to get every aspect of a game, supplement, or scenario to a table.  A single book can comprise dozens or even hundreds of hours of play time.  #3, even if I were to exhaustively play out a book, due to the unique vagaries of individual groups and play sessions, it still wouldn't be a perfectly accurate assessment of how it would work for you and your group.

3.  I don't use a 5- or 10-star scale for rating things, I use a Fudge scale.  From best to worst, this is:
  • Superb
  • Great
  • Good
  • Fair
  • Mediocre
  • Poor
  • Terrible
I find this easier and more aesthetically-pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment